Monday, March 26, 2018

Twenty Things for A Thief to Find in a Pocket


Twenty Things for a Thief to Find in Pocket

Recently I launched my Patreon and while I have the first small adventure mostly done and am starting to get the second ready, I am thinking about my third project a bit today. While I like doing short adventures, I kind of want RPG Time Savers to be a broad range of products designed to save the GM and player's time. I have always though that picking pockets has been a vastly under utilized method to add a bit of depth to a game. When a player at my table wants to pick a pocket I often grab a couple dice, roll them and give them some copper, silver, or gold depending on my mood. However, this really doesn't do a lot for the game. I would rather be able to give the player something interesting that has the potential to launch a story than simply give them coins. 

I plan to create a supplement a bit more in depth than twenty items, but I thought this would make a neat blog post for the RPGTS page and also give me an idea if people like this concept. Without further needless babbling by a guy who really likes to talk to much, on with the table.

Roll 1d20 and consult the following table.
  1. A piece of cheese
  2. A piece of bread
  3. A note that says "Meet me at Gullivan's Tavern 6 pm to discuss the job"
  4. Several caltrops. Constitution save DC 15 to avoid crying out in pain
  5. A key to an unknown location
  6. 2d10 lead coins painted to look like silver coins.
  7. A vial of unknown liquid 
  8. A lock of hair
  9. A shopping list.
  10. A pet ferret that bites you for 1d3 dmg. Make a Con save DC 15 to avoid shouting in pain
  11. A small map of an unknown location
  12. Bone Dice
  13. A deck of playing cards (no not that deck of cards, are you crazy?)
  14. A small frog
  15. A small flute
  16. A flattering love poem
  17. A small carved bear
  18. A strange religious text
  19. A box of snuff
  20. Pipe tobacco

No comments:

Post a Comment