Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Start of a New Project and a Different Direction

I have currently been keeping two blogs about gaming updated. One is here and the other is called Samson's Bridge. I originally planned to get myself up and running by using the 5e rule set as a jumping point and from there start working on my own material. The problem is that I have heard Wizards of the Coast is sending out Cease and desist letters and well, I just didn't feel like getting one of those. This means of course that I took down the blog posts I had written that may have violated copyright laws in any way. While I was okay doing that I didn't want to give up on either of my blogs because I enjoy writing about RPG's.

This means that I had to think of new purposes for both blogs and the good news is I have. This blog is going to focus on posts about gaming in general. Tips and tricks for GM's and DM's as well as various opinion articles about various aspects of the game. I also hope to get some guest blogger in here to share their knowledge. It's funny because this is exactly what I intended for this blog when I started it a few years ago, but never really got into so in a way this works out just fine.

Samson's Bridge is going to change direction pretty hard core. I had intended to use it to build a DnD campaign from the ground up including adding some "crunchy" bits as I went along. The problem is that right now that seems to be a course of trouble so I want to back off that a bit. Instead of building a DnDcampaign I am going to be working on an indie RPGproject I have been considering for some time. This project will be an exhaustive look at character background in fantasy role playing games. Along with looking at how backgrounds effect characters, I am going to have several "crunchy" tables and charts to help people generate random backgrounds from birth to the start of their adventuring career.

I know there are already a lot of "gamer opinion blogs" out there but I hope I can add a unique voice to the conversation. I have been doing this gaming thing for thirty years and in the time I feel I have gained a lot of useful insight to other gamers. Anyway, I think I have gone on long enough for now. I can't wait to see what the future holds and hope you join me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment