Monday, March 19, 2018

The Launch of my Paetron...

It's kind of funny how this blog started out. I think I had an idea of ranting against the idea of the 4e rule set of DnD, but over time my desires changed, my commitment to blogging has waxed and waned, life got in the way etc. Honestly I think in the back of my head I was always working toward a result of becoming a gaming publisher, but the idea was intimidating as hell. After all, some really big names have come before me and the idea of me thinking I was good enough to try and get in the ring wit them was a bit hard for me to accept.

The thing is dreams don't die. They might get covered with dust, hidden away in secret boxes you pretend are not there, but they never really die. As I have grown older and done the life thing, I kept coming back to this idea of creating gaming content and getting paid for it. I have no illusions of becoming a millionaire. I mainly just want to share my passion and earn enough to support my rpg habit. It's a small goal, but it's my goal.

I tend to hide from getting things done. I am a much bigger fan of coming up with great ideas and talking myself out of doing anything with them than I am of actually taking action. I think a lot of people are like this. However, I couldn't ever quite shake the feeling that I could do this if I really put my mind to it. So here I am taking a swing for the fences. Whether I hit a home run or strike out doesn't really matter. I will learn from this and enjoy the process.

What I really hope happens is people watch me build something beautiful. I am really starting from scratch on this in a lot of ways. While I have tons of stuff to pull ideas from, I will need to sit down and edit it, make are, maps, tables, and a load of other stuff. I will need to learn new skills, improve old ones, and hopefully make this into something better than it is right now. It won't be easy, but I do believe I will be worth it because I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do. That's a really special feeling and it's going to be that feeling that keeps me going forward.

In the end, I don't know where exactly this paetron is going to go. I think I do, but right now I don't want to limit myself to much. I don't know if anyone but me will read this post, and I am okay with that. I wrote this mostly for myself. If you are someone reading this post, thanks, I hope it made sense to you. If not, that's okay to..

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment